Back to first page
The fishing museum
Before the museum was built, there was another building on this site. It was likely built in 1802 as a storage shed for the navy. For some time it held a pilot watch. A general store was located in it from about 1912 until 1960. That building was demolished in 1971. Today a former salting-house is a part of the museum. It opened in 1976 and was soon full of objects donated by the local residents to the folklife association. The objects are connected to fishing and seamanship.